Saturday, September 26, 2009

New 2009 Lincoln Pennies. They Are Rather Neat.

I remember back in 1959 when my Dad showed me the new Lincoln penny.  To me as a kid I remembered just how neat the new ones looked with the Lincoln Memorial on the reverse side of the coin.  I was only 8 years old at the time.  Now many years later we have four new Lincoln pennies for 2009.
Below are pictures of the new series of Lincoln coins.


This is my favorite showing the building of the United States Capitol.



This one shows Lincoln in his early life as a rail splitter.



This one shows Lincoln's cabin where he was born.



All of the new Lincoln pennies depict important events in Lincoln's life.

I have checked many times at the local banks and they do not have any of these new coins available.  If you are looking for them you can always try the store at the United States Mint.  They have a web site at http://www.usmint.gov/.

So keep your eyes open and check your change and maybe you will find one of the new Lincoln pennies.

1 comment: